9/28/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 9/28

Sorry about the lack of a true Brain Fart this morning, but I just spent the last 4 days in New Orleans for work, and last night, after being up for 41 straight hours, I was not about to sit down and write anything substantial. However, let me tell you a few things I learned this weekend:

1) I learned that New Orleans is a very silly place. Like right here in Jersey City, and probably even moreso, there are no rules. At all. You can literally do whatever you want there.

2) I learned that New Orleans is like Vegas, in that after 3 or 4 days you have to get out of there, because if you stay any longer, only 2 things are possible: You'll run out of money, or you'll be dead. There's no other outcome.

3) I learned that Nawlins cookin' is unbelievably incredible. I did not have a bad meal down there the entire time. From crawfish etoufee, to seafood gumbo, to the jambalaya, to the po-boys and to the beignets, it was all phenomenal. Rarely does it get better, food-wise.

4) I learned that being in New Orleans is like running an IV of fiber straight into your body. Between all the seafood you eat and the absurd amounts of beer and liquor you pour down your throat on a regular basis, let's just say that your bathroom visits become a little more frequent.

5) I learned that you can in fact win a fantasy baseball league by sticking to your morales and refusing to put players on your team from teams you hate in real-life. My girlfriend always says I'll never win a league because I refuse to put Phillies on my team because I hate them. Well, BOOM! HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?!?!? I'm a cool $500 richer this morning, and I'd like to think karma played a part in that happening because I wasn't overwrought with guilt because I wanted Chase Utley to do well even though I can't stand him. So now I feel good about myself, and I have some more cashmoney. Today is a good day.

6) I learned that the Giants need to stop getting injured all the time. We already have 3 key players on IR, out for the rest of the year, but the amount of guys also nicked up is absurd. It would have been a nice, relaxing Sunday of football because we beat the piss out of Tampa Bay, but now we have to worry about Kareem McKenzie's knee. Enough already! And Roger Goodell wants to make the season 18 games long...

That's all I have for this week, so until the next Brain Fart: Ugh. Another week of work.

3 comments:

  1. The Brain Fart is back!
    Congrats on the increased pooping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you flashed your money makers and got a lot of beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you won a lot of money now you can take me out to dinner in Ithaca if you ever visit me like you promised to...my other brother is visiting me next weekend...glad you had fun though

    ReplyDelete