10/5/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 10/5

Another week, another abbreviated Brain Fart. Come to think of it, this entire blog has been abbreviated recently. And it may not get any better seeing as my laptop is apparently on the fritz (please say a prayer for her) and I certainly don't have time to write anything during work. As for this past weekend, I was up in Boston (or "The Nation" as many like to call it) for Harpoon Brewery Octoberfest. Always great times. Here are a few things I learned this weekend:

1) I learned that parking is absolutely atrocious in The Nation. I thought Hoboken was bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the horrors that The Nation has in store for you and your car. If you're going there, just take a bus or train so you can avoid one of the biggest headaches imaginable.

2) I learned that Harpoon Octoberfest is AWESOME, regardless of the weather situation. The 2 previous years I had gone it had been sunny and delightful, but this year it was cloudy, miserable, and a bit rainy. Doesn't matter. Lots of beer, lots of people, lots of port-0-potties - lots of fun!

3) I learned that Dillon's, a bar on Boylston St. in Boston, is a terrible place to go and should be avoided at all costs. Their website speaks to the bar bringing back the feeling of the roaring 20s, but as far as I'm concerned, the only thing it brings the feeling of is Nation frat boy douche bags and bartenders and busboys on power trips. The drinks are overpriced, the collars are popped, and the busboys think they have the authority to kick you out of the bar for blowing a noisemaker that they themselves passed out to you. They shall receive none of my business henceforth, nor should they receive yours.

4) I learned that liquor stores in Boston should be selling Harpoon Munich Dark in 6-packs, like every other beer Harpoon makes. I had to buy a variety pack that had Raspberry Hefeweizen in it just to get some Munich. Unacceptable.

5) I learned that Eli Manning had better get a positive result to the tests being taken today on his heel, because if he's hurt, we are screwed. We are screwed to levels of screwed that I previously thought unimaginable. The way he collapsed yesterday without being touched made me instantly think "torn Achilles." Clearly it's not that as he was walking around on it right after it happened, but if it's bad, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, because David Carr is shit. If David Carr is starting for the Giants, we may not win another game this year, he's that bad. Actually, I didn't learn that, I already knew that. Please Eli, be OK!

That's about everything I learned this weekend. Hopefully my laptop recovers from her sickness so I can get back to writing something. Again, please say a prayer for her. And until the next Brain Fart: Ugh. Another week of work.

2 comments: