10/12/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 10/12

Sorry ONCE AGAIN for the abbreviated Brain Fart this week. My excuse this time is that I was working this weekend and didn't have time for the full blown Brain Fart, though as my girlfriend would attest to, I definitely had time for the full blown Fart, sans Brain. But, like the last two weeks, I did learn some things this weekend that I will now share with you:

1) I learned that Chinese food establishments are more than happy to deliver to the same address more than once in the same night. On Saturday night, Rory ordered Chinese from Precious, a restaurant in Hoboken. Then later in that same night, I decided I also wanted Chinese food because his smelled so good, so I ordered. From the same place. No complaints from them though! And not only was it the same place, but we think the same delivery guy came to our apartment. He must think we secretly have a crush on him. Sorry Mr. Man, we don't. The food you bring is delicious, however. I highly recommend the Crab Rangoon.

2) I learned that working on Sundays is not fun. Well, I already knew that. But also by working on Sundays I found that having a huge, fully-stocked bar in your own basement is pimp. I aspire to have that one day.

3) I learned that the Raiders are, in fact, as bad as we all thought they were. Talk about a nice little Sunday stroll for the Giants. Eli needed only to play a quarter and a half on his bad heel to rack up 173 yards and 2 touchdowns before he gave way to David Carr for the rest of the game. The defense was dominant, the offense fantastic, and even Lawrence Tynes made all of his field goals! Hark! The real test, however, comes next Sunday in New Orleans in what will be a battle for NFC supremacy. Let's go G-Men!

4) I learned that Jonathan Papeldouche isn't all The Nation and Peter Gammons made him out to be after all. He was a heart attack a minute for SAWX fans this regular season, then when his team needed him the most to keep their playoff hopes alive, he choked and blew it for them. And now their season is over. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Remember Nation, there is only one Mariano Rivera. Speaking of which, the Yankees are moving on to the ALCS. FO SHO.

That's about everything I learned this weekend. I have some good news to share with you as well. My laptop has apparently made it through her sickness and appears to be well again! It seems your prayers have worked, but I do ask that you keep them coming so that her health may be sustained over a long period of time, or at least until I can afford a new one. So until the next Brain Fart: Ugh. Another week of work.

7 comments:

  1. I am a disgusting Chinese treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are WRONG Crab Rangoon! You are both delicious and very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crab Rangoon speaks for Crab Rangoon and Crab Rangoon alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crab Rangoon, you aren't thinking clearly, and I see you've started reffering to yourself in third person. That's only a sign of how delicious you are, it really is a shame that you are only an appitizer and not an entree. I think witht he right PR we can amke that happen, then maybe you will find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, Scott, since I am a mere appetizer, I lack the confidence of a mainstream entree and I hate myself for it. General Tso's Chicken is the cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crab Rangoon, just remember it is a marathon not a sprint. Do you think General Tso became an entree over night? No way he started out as Private Tso, it took him many decades to get where he is. Also on the buffet line all food is equal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. working on sundays rules.

    ReplyDelete