10/19/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 10/19

To all concerned parties,

I regret to inform all of you, my 7 loyal readers, that I was apparently premature in my declaration of health for my laptop. This past weekend she had a relapse, and things are not looking good. I assure you that the finest minds in laptop medical care are working on her, including the Chief of Surgery here at my work, Rick (last name deleted).

At this point it's looking like a new laptop may be in the offing for me, but I hold out hope that my medical team can find a cure. I ask for all of your prayers to continue. She needs them now more than ever.

Now as far as my blog is concerned, of course, that means the posting may be on the light side in the coming days until either a cure is found, or I purchase a new one. It is a sad time for me, and again, I ask for your prayers.

Sincerely Yours in Good Laptop Health,

Steven

Now on to a few things I learned this weekend, that is, if I can overcome my grief for but a few moments:

1) I learned that A-Rod apparently does know how to come through in the clutch in October. Who woulda thunk it?! His three home runs in the playoffs so far have been to tie a game, with 2 of them coming against the other team's closer who was on to finish the game. Unreal. So far so good for the Yanks.

2) I learned that Oklahoma is a mediocre team without Sam Bradford at quarterback, and that Charlie Weis should think about putting his house in South Bend up for sale soon. Texas played like crap and still beat OU, and Notre Dame still could not beat USC, despite USC having a freshman quarterback and being on the road. It doesn't matter how well they played, they still lost, and Weis still can't win the big games at ND. Another failure from the Belichick coaching tree.

3) I learned that it SUCKS living in a place that has no functioning plumbing. I was back at my parent's house this weekend because my sister was home from college, but if they had told me that both of the toilets weren't working, I wouldn't have come home. I spent my whole weekend peeing outside or going to my neighbor's if the big deuce came calling. It's no way to live!

4) I learned that the Giant's defense actually isn't very good, and only looked good because we were playing the scum of the NFL the last few weeks. If you let Drew Brees hang back in the pocket for 10 years, he's going to pick you apart. And when your secondary is as beat up as the Giant's is, you have no shot. No one could make a play yesterday. It was a pathetic, embarrassing performance by the defense. But, at least we didn't lose to the Raiders or the Chiefs!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA, hot damn do the Eagles and Redskins suck. Now THAT is piss poor. At least we got our asses kicked by a good team!

That's it for now. Again, please pray for my laptop. She needs it (frown face). Until the next Brain Fart: Ugh. Another week of work.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing your lap top good health and a quick recovery.



    Not ALL teams lost this weekend...how bout them Bills?! Hot damn they won a game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Steelers also won.

    I am sorry to read about the laptop, she's strong, she's a fighter if anything will get well again she will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gallen de GirlfriendOctober 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM

    who the f is mandie reed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I was wondering the same thing Megan

    And at least you went home to your private bathroom this weekend, I had to return to sharing a bathroom with about 30 girls that are definitely not clean.

    ReplyDelete