7/5/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 7/6

I'm back with my weekly Brain Fart from this past Fourth of July holiday weekend. Hope you all had a swell weekend like I did. Enjoy.

Just saw The Hangover.  I'll have to admit that the trailers didn't make it look that good, so I didn't want to see it at first.  But as time had passed, many of my friends have been hyping it up to the point where I NEEDED to see it.  And thank God I did.  You know a movie is a classic when the first thing you say when you leave the theater is "That's a purchase."  It was absolutely hilarious, and then the last minute happened. Mind-blowing.

Helped a friend move today.  I actually love moving when it's not me who's actually moving apartments.  You get to enjoy the manly bonding that goes with lifting large furniture together without all the hassle of actually arranging anything, making calls, renting trucks, etc.  It's quite delightful.

You've got to love jumping into our building's heated pool when it's 90 degrees out and you're sweating from helping someone move.  It feels like every child in the city jumped in the pool before you and took a massive, hot piss. Refreshing!

I'm ridiculously excited about the July 4th hot dog eating contest tomorrow.  Probably too excited.

Just looked at the Madden 2010 player ratings (yeah I know I'm a nerd).  They did an injustice to Giants fans everywhere.  If you create a franchise with the Giants, you have to trade them all. They didn't rate any of the players very fast, and we all know speed wins in Madden.  You can keep Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora, but that's it.  And Eli because he's really cute.

Some stupid segment on SportsCenter called "SportsNation" just said that America voted the Williams sisters as more successful than the Mannings.  BULLSHIT AMERICA.  YOU'RE STOOPID. How can you be more successful than 2 consecutive Super Bowl MVPs when only about 8% of America cares about your sport?

1 hour until the hot dog eating contest!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! kjhelakgjfhdlksjhdaslfhsdaljhl!!!!!

THE HOT DOG EATING CONTEST IS HERE!!!! (see previous post). I'm hard.

Now it's time for the festivities of the 4th to begin. Time to grill. Time to gather with friends and family. And most importantly, time to celebrate America in the best way I can think of: get drunk. Not only are we drinking, but we're day-drinking, and we all know how much fun day drinking is. I bet our founding fathers were big day drinkers.

My roommates and I watched Independence Day on Independence Day (who doesn't right?), and during the course of the movie we argued as to whether or not the destruction of the Empire State Building and the ensuing inferno would destroy our apartment building on the Jersey City side of the Hudson River. Clearly we're within the radius of destruction, but I argued that the fire would weaken as it crossed the Hudson and wouldn't cause too much damage to our building. Everyone else seemed to think that the Hudson wouldn't have that great of an effect and we all would die. Your thoughts?

We had a July 4th party, and for the most part we made sure to drink American brewed beers like Coors and Colonials (aka MGD... but that's another story) so we could properly celebrate this great country. Others, however, were drinking Corona, which is of course a Mexican beer. Drinking a Mexican beer on a holiday celebrating America's independence? I frown upon that decision.

Speaking of seeing The Hangover this weekend... my head hurts.

I'm not a big tennis guy, and up until today the only match I had ever watched in its entirety in my life was the Roger Federer - Rafael Nadal final from last year's Wimbledon, which was epic. I woke up this afternoon and Federer and Andy Roddick were already in the 5th set of this year's Wimbledon final, so I decided to watch the rest. It was another classic, though I think last year's final was better because it wasn't just each guy smashing serves down the other's throats like this year's was. Federer and Nadal had some amazing volleys, whereas Federer and Roddick just traded service until Federer finally broke Roddick to win. Plus last year there were the rain delays, it was getting dark, and the two were visibly gassed, which made for compelling television. This year the weather was perfect, the sunlight didn't matter because there are lights on centre court now, and they both looked like they were barely breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong though, this year's match was unbelievable. Last year's was just better.

Today just so happens to be my girlfriend's birthday. She, like me, is now a quarter-century old, though I would imagine she feels like she's an entire century old because she has to put up with my crap all of the time. Wait, who am I kidding? I'm a saint. Happy Birthday sweetie!

Ugh. Another week of work.

4 comments:

  1. My throat was still sore most of Sunday from all the karaoke. Gotta flex those golden pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Independence Day and the Hangover too. I agree, both very excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched different parts of independence day during atleast 8 different times it was on tv....thanks you tnt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Independence Day was my greatest cinematic role.

    ReplyDelete