7/7/09

Can someone explain this to me?

I'm confused (yeah I know, what else is new). Someone please take a look at the graph I made below and tell me exactly what is wrong here:



Donte Stallworth, a wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns, got drunk one night, drove while still drunk, and ran over a man, killing him. Keep in mind here - he killed an actual HUMAN BEING. He got 1 month in prison. Michael Vick ran an illegal dog fighting operation, gambled on said dog fighting operation, then tortured and killed the dogs that lost. He got 23 months in prison. Lee Crider stole Lance Armstrong's bike. That's it. HE GOT 36 MONTHS IN JAIL.

WHAT??!?!?!??

If a guy is getting 3 years in prison for stealing a bike, I would think that Donte Stallworth should be rotting in prison for the rest of his life. Now I'm sure this is an incredibly naive look at the situation since I most likely don't know all of the facts, but on the surface, something is definitely wrong here. If this doesn't make me lose faith in the American justice system, I don't know what will. Someone, please, shed some light on this for me.

I suppose the moral of the story is: Don't fuck with Lance Armstrong.

5 comments: