6/2/09

America is Stupid.

Even though I am a die-hard fan of the New York Rangers and am still upset over the fact that they suck and were eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs this year, I still love watching the playoffs. Therefore, I wanted to tune into Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Tuesday night. NBC and the Artist Formerly Known as the Outdoor Life Network are the broadcast partners for the NHL, so I navigated my way to NBC, thinking that a huge event like the Cup Finals would be on network television. I reached NBC, amped and ready to go for playoff hockey, and... I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! was on?!?!?? WHAT?!?!?

You read me right. A reality show featuring D-list, washed up "celebrities" that even Perez Hilton wouldn't care about was on NBC instead of the STANLEY CUP FINALS. They were on Versus instead. Yep, Versus. A channel that 87% of America hasn't heard of. Good job Gary Bettman. Seriously.



I cannot accurately portray my anger at this turn of events through the medium of the written word. A reality show that demonstrates that studio execs and producers have completely run out of good ideas, featuring the list below of Grade-A, USDA Prime Douche Bags, was on instead of the Cup Finals, because America would rather watch this moose poo. I am appalled.

People America cares more about than the NHL:

Heidi Montag
Girl from fake "reality" show whose former best friend would like to see her dead.



Spencer Pratt
Douchy husband of girl, above, whose former best friend would like to see her dead.

Janice Dickinson
Wikipedia tells me she is a former supermodel. My brain tells me that she looks like crap because half of her ass has been transplanted into her lips.



John Salley
Former NBA-er whose most notable career accomplishment was being co-host of the Best Damn Sports Show, Period. Really?

Lou Diamond Phillips
The King of the made-for-TV movie.

Patti Blagojevich
Woman who no one cares about, but she's cashing in on her husband being an actual criminal.

Stephen Baldwin
Turned down the role of Jack in Speed. A career-defining mistake if you ask me. IDIOT.

Sanjaya Malakar
"Famous" for being a shitty singer on the world's worst show, American Idol.



Torrie Wilson
WWE chick who will kick my ass if I say something mean about her.

Frangela
WHO?!?

So there you have it. The roster of people who, if I were to call them wastes of life, would be flattered. And they're on NBC instead of the Stanley Cup Finals. I have to go to Versus to watch a ridiculously exciting game, featuring some of the most exciting players in hockey (which my Rangers have absolutely NONE of, but I'll get to that in the coming weeks in my off-season Rangers rant), instead of on actual network TV because America would rather watch F-list "celebrities" make complete idiots of themselves. America - you're stupid.

4 comments:

  1. I love Frangela! From Best Week Ever!! They are hilarious.

    Totally better than NHL finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci, for shame. You're pretty much from Canada. It's in your DNA to adore anything hockey related.

    I agree, America is stupid. But so is the NHL. I'm not a huge NHL fan, but playoff hockey is incredibly exciting. Having the games on Versus completely alienates a fan base. Way to go, Bettman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice Dickinson looks like the bass player in Animal's band fromt he Muppets

    ReplyDelete
  4. That horrible show was on four times this past week and I can't stand "Survivor" in the first place but this show was a mixture of that and all the other crappy shows on television.I have never hated anyone more then Heidi and the guy with the creepy flesh colored beard.They wanted to leave the show and their only reason was because they felt they were to popular and deserved to be in a five star hotel. They are probably the only people that call the poparazzi to tell them where they are going and what's sad is that people show up. Sorry Steven but I really needed to vent about them!!!

    ReplyDelete