12/28/09

MMBF - 12/28: I'm Glad I'm Not Rich

First off, all of us here at New Jersey is Clean, Idiots hope that you and your family had a most joyous and happy holiday, whichever holiday it may be that you celebrate. And if you are a Jehovah's Witness, we also hope that you had a splendid time doing whatever it is that you do in lieu of holidays. Second, it may seem that the only thing I write anymore is the Monday Morning Brain Fart... which is correct, it is all I've been writing these days. But it was the holidays, and I was on vacation, blah blah blah... the point is, I'm back in the groove and should be back to writing my usual boring dribble more often now. wOOt wOOt!

It's well documented how much I hate Brett Favre, and his actions this past week only serve to further my argument that he should go away. Forever. He is such a shit. Like we all predicted back at the beginning of the season, he has started to ruin the Vikings' season just like he did the Jets' season last year by throwing ridiculous interceptions because he's most likely hiding the injury that his 840 year old body was inevitably going to get. But now on top of that, he's disobeying his head coach, because A) Brad Childress is a pussy, and B) Favre thinks he runs the organization. And the sad thing about the Vikings is that Favre probably does run the organization. What a bunch of pushovers: first getting on their knees and providing oral stimulation to Favre to get him to un-retire for the 7th time and play for them, and now letting him make all of the decisions for the team. Brett - you're not God. Look at Peyton Manning. He is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, a guy who you never were and never will be as good as, and what does he do? He listens to his coach. He doesn't create a problem with the team. He doesn't say stupid shit to the media so that there is unnecessary drama. Peyton Manning = awesome. Brett Favre = asshole.

I have to say that I would be pretty pissed off today if I was a Colts player or fan. Up 15-10 on the Jets yesterday in the 3rd quarter, with an undefeated season still in progress, Jim Caldwell pulled Peyton Manning and most of the other starters, effectively waving the white flag and giving up the game, as well as the perfect season. In came Curtis Painter (who?!) at QB, which was promptly followed by the Jets defense doing everything but sexually assaulting him on their way to a gimme victory. Caldwell should probably be tried for attempted murder with the way Painter was treated, but not only by the Jets defense, but by the Colts fans, who were so incensed with his decision to pull Peyton that they booed Painter every time he took a breathe. So now the Colts fans and players have to live with the fact that their chance at history was taken away by people who weren't actually playing the game. You can understand where they were coming from; they want the players healthy for the playoffs. But when you have a chance to do something that only 1 other team EVER has done, it has to sting a little bit to know that you now don't have a chance.

This Christmas, Santa was very good to me. I got a lot of good stuff. But in a sign of just how old I am getting, the one thing I am most excited about getting was my egg rings. That's right. Egg rings. In case you don't know, egg rings are stainless steel rings that you lay in a frying pan and crack your egg into so that the egg doesn't run all over the pan, or run to the edge of the pan if you have a crooked stove top, like I do. Now all of my eggs will be perfect circles every time, not discombobulated amoeba-shaped substances that make me angry. I used to think old people were lame for loving the kitchen utensils and pots and pans and shit that they received at Christmas, but now I understand where they're coming from. My egg rings will make my life much more enjoyable. I am... happy.



Finally, I spent the latter part of last week and Saturday searching eBay for a good deal on Giants tickets for yesterday because it was their last game ever at Giants Stadium and I wanted to be there. However, I'm not rich, and was completely priced out of the game by the absurd prices on eBay. But now I see that not being rich was a blessing in disguise, because if I had gone to that game yesterday, I would most likely be dead right now. The performance yesterday by the Giants, considering all that was on the line with playoff implications and such, as well as the fact that it was the last game ever at their home stadium, was absolutely disgraceful. They were pathetic. Embarrassing. It was one of the worst displays of football I have ever seen in my life. I won't write too much about it because the longer I go the better chance there is that my fist ends up through this wall next to me, but it needs to be said how awful the Giants were yesterday. This was the last game in their stadium's history. The last time that a lot of die-hard fans who have been priced out of the new stadium will ever see them in person. And this is what we see? They played with no pride whatsoever. Want to see what pride looks like, Giants? Look across the sideline. The Panthers had absolutely nothing to play for, and they beat the crap out of you. Look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They have far less talent than you, yet they beat the then 13-1 New Orleans Saints yesterday. I can understand a bad day at the office, but yesterday was no bad day. Yesterday was a prideless, gutless, embarrassing display. I took my Justin Tuck jersey off at halftime and put on my Yankees championship t-shirt, just so I could be reminded of a team that plays with heart - a team that actually cares about the uniform they put on everyday to go to work. I've never been so low as a Giants fan as I was yesterday. Absolutely disgraceful.

And on that most pleasant of notes, ugh. Another week of work.

4 comments:

  1. Those egg rings would make a mean breakfast sandwich... I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those egg rings were surprisingly hard to find so you should be excited about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good I am sick and fucking tired of your free form sunny side up eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walter, Spokesring of Steve's Egg RingsDecember 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM

    Scott -- much disappointment in your crass language. Clean it up or no eggs for you.

    ReplyDelete