11/23/09

Monday Morning Brain Fart - 11/23

It was a laid-back weekend for yours truly, as he embarked on a 9-day staycation from work that is absolutely necessary. Lots of sleep, laying-around, being lazy, eating, not working out, playing video games, eating more, still not working out, and more laying around await. Plus the greatest holiday in the world, Thanksgiving, is coming on Thursday. You can't imagine how excited I am.

We'll begin with the Notre Dame - UConn game. My brother went to UConn so I've become somewhat of a fan of the Huskies, and it was great to see them beat the not-so-mighty Golden Domers and more or less seal the fate of Charlie Weis as another failed coach from the Belichick coaching tree. The most important thing about this game though was UConn getting its first win since star cornerback Jasper Howard was murdered about a month ago. It was nice to see them finally be able to celebrate a win after going through so much. And Charlie Weis? PEACE.

If you ever take any piece of advice from me (though you really always should since I know everything), do this one thing: buy the new Star Trek movie on Blu-Ray. I am not a trekkie by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, I had absolutely no idea what was going on in the movie the first time I saw it, nor did I know any of the characters. But believe me when I tell you, it... is.... AWESOME. Words cannot describe how good it looks in Blu-Ray. You need this movie in your life.

Oh WHAT?! Jimmie Johnson won his 4th straight NASCAR championship?! Wait... no one cares about NASCAR. Shut up.

The Snuggie is taking over the planet. According to their latest commercial, not only are people wearing them when cold on their couches, they are now wearing them out to sporting events, wearing them to parties with other people wearing Snuggies, and actually DANCING IN THEM! What a versatile piece of clothing! They also now come in great designer prints, like leopard and zebra, so when you're not wearing them you can use them as a great-looking throw on your couch. Because obviously, everyone loves having a dead zebra skin laying over their couch. The Snuggie is going too far. It must be stopped.

I was lucky enough to go to the most important game of the year for the New York Football Giants on Sunday (thank you Cordes), which they ended up winning in overtime over the Falcons, 34-31. First off, thank God they won. They needed this game in the worst way after losing 4 in a row prior to the bye week. Hopefully this gets us back on track. But second, despite our victory, this defense has some serious problems. This was the second game in a row where they failed to stop the opposing team from driving down for a touchdown when it mattered most. They can't get pressure on the quarterback, they can't cover any tight end in this league, and the middle of the field is always wide-open against them. Something needs to be done, because our supposedly amazing defense is pretty mediocre, at best. Also, I would get on Kevin Gilbride for another poorly-called game, but Eli played great and we scored 34 points, so maybe I'm just an idiot. And of course, Lawrence Bleeping Tynes missed another field goal. I really, really, REALLY hate him.

The San-chise is absolutely killing the Jets, but you already knew that. The Patriots started quickly against them, but after the Jets made the game close at 24-14, he just began throwing every pass he possibly could to the other team, and of course the Patriots ended up winning big. He certainly began the year good, but Mark Sanchez has taken some significant steps backward. Not a lot of good going on with the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS these days.

Reason #487 Why I Don't Understand Women: On Sunday, my girlfriend and her friends, one of which is engaged to be married, went to some classy wedding dress store that is on a TV show (I forget the name) to try on dresses, knowing full-well that they weren't going to buy one because they are so insanely expensive. They went to just try them on. To just look at them. To see their friend in a dress and sob quietly while they sipped champagne. That's fun? Am I missing something? I just don't get it.

Ugh. Another week of wor - OH WAIT, NEVERMIND! I'M ON VACATION BIOTCHES!!!

3 comments:

  1. Tynes did win the game for you in the end. Does that mean nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Snuggies need to be stopped. My roommate has a leopard print one, and even though it is fun to play with when she is gone, she looks ridiculous. I mean I do to when I wear it, but I know I look ridiculous. And there is nothing wrong with trying on wedding dresses for fun and pretending you can afford them, definitely only girls understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you for going to another giants game....I had to settle for watching the game on my 50 inch plasma tv in high def....feel bad for me

    ReplyDelete